All grand Cherokee WJ series models (1999-2004) and the new WK series (2005-up) attribute a housing for installation of a cabin air filter. No models have ever before come v the filter as standard, it need to be purchased together a Mopar aftermarket accessory and also installed under the prior cowl. The filter allows a circulation of unrestricted new air into the passenger cabin.
You are watching: 1999 jeep grand cherokee cabin air filter
The cabin filter is a an extremely worthwhile accessory. It removes solid particulates such together dust, pollen, mold, and bacteria from the air. Steering a automobile with a clogged cabin waiting filter indigenous dirt and debris dramatically reduces the amount and also quality of approximately air the can get in the interior and also over time can lead to musty odors in her car as well as decreased HVAC performance. Mopar Cabin wait Filters eliminate up come 80% of particles one micron or larger. For reference, the human eye can not detect particles under 20 come 25 microns.
The filter is easily installed under the cowl cover on the passenger side, easily accessible from under the hood. When installed, all outside air coming v the AC/Heater vents is filtered. For installation, the manufacturing facility inlet sheathe is discarded and the filter housing and also filter set up in that place.
To save cabin air top quality at that best, filters need to be replaced typically once a year or every 15,000 miles. Filters have the right to be readjusted at 2 years/24,000 mile if mostly used in a cleaner atmosphere (less steering on dusty roads and also trails for example). Regularly an altering cabin wait filters likewise can reduce accumulation of debris and also bacteria top top the evaporator core of her cars waiting conditioning and ventilation system, maximizing the life the the system. Cabin air filter stop many airborne particles, and to some level are qualified of reducing gentle odors.
ocation the cabin wait filter (under hood, passenger side), displayed without the filter cover installed.
|WJ & WK Cabin waiting filter parts|
|Part name: “Cabin waiting Kit”(1999-2009)||Part number: 82208300(supersedes 82204691)||List price: $65.45|
|Part name: “Replacement filter”(1999-2009)||Part number: 5013595AB(supersedes 5013595AA)||List price: $72.00|
(Prices detailed are for reference purposes only and may vary by dealer. MSRP price are current as of September 2011. Components are not easily accessible from this net site.)
Cabin filter installation
Note: Installation have the right to be done WITHOUT removing the wiper arms:
1. Open up hood.
2. Understand the rubber cowl weatherstrip top top the passenger side and pull it exterior to eliminate it to around halfway across the firewall.
3. Remove the first 3 plastic fasteners that hold the cowl grill sheathe in place. It is ideal to get these “started” by gently lifting up on the cowl cover beginning from the end. This will pop castle up sufficient so that you have the right to grab them by hand and remove them (Caution: the thin optimal edges of the plastic nuts can be very sharp).
4. The cowl cover have the right to now be lifted up enough to with in and also remove the old plastic air inlet cover from the firewall. There room plastic tabs that hold the covering in location (see picture below). Pull the end the slim side very first which has actually the single clip. You then rock the cover back and soon to complimentary up the facility “rosebud” fasteners. Or, every the manufacturing facility instructions friend can reduced out the plastic tabs that hold the rosebuds in place. Eliminate the cover and discard, it will not it is in reinstalled. If there is any type of dirt or debri inside the filter area this would be a an excellent time to clean it out.
5. Insert the new plastic filter housing into the inlet opening and fasten that in place. Install the filter right into the housing, inserting it carefully so that it does not bend too lot as that is rather of a chop fit.
6. Install the filter cover over the filter. I had to bend/squeeze the height plastic locking tabs together a little in order because that it to stay in place more firmly.
7. Put the plastic cowl fasteners back in place and make certain they are firmly seated. Re-install the rubber weatherstrip seal and also you’re done!
Factory wait inlet cover, front and back views. This piece is removed and also eliminated when installing the cabin air filter. The 2 “rosebuds” presented are the plastic fasteners that assist secure the grill cover to the firewall.
There space 3 plastic clips that hold the sides of the original factory inlet covering in place, 2 on the wide end (shown above) and one ~ above the narrow end.
See more: 2000 Nissan Frontier Spark Plug Gap For, 00 2000 Nissan Frontier Spark Plug
Vehicle air quality study
A study conducted by California’s South seaside Air Quality administration District uncovered that air within a auto may have actually up come 10 times the pollutants of exterior air. Tiny particles of these pollutants, which include exhaust fumes, roadway dust, tree pollen and mold spores, get in a cars inner by means of the vehicles heating, air conditioning and also ventilation (HVAC) system. Once inside, castle become component of the air you breathe. With a cabin air filter, 90% of this contaminants can be prevented indigenous entering your cars interior.